xSoulstice's Re-Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Kyle Alyko, May 21, 2020 at 10:46 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Alyko

Staff Member Mod
    Expand Collapse

Heya! It's Kyle. I used to be a Moderator on Zeldaverse before, but resigned due to school taking me over, and my need to focus on that. However! Now that school is..."terminated," and I have actual time to be on the server, I would like to re-apply. Maybe lighten the load if I can, for other staff members. So, this is my re-application.

Personal Info
    Name:
    xSoulstice
    Discord: Y'all know it ;)
    Requirements met?: Yes

Moderator Assessment
    5 Mod Commands:
    5 of the Basic moderator commands are: /mute, /kick, /tempban, /jail, /vanish (/v).
    3 CP Commands: 3 Basic Core-Protect commands are: /co i (enables inspector mode), /co rollback t:time r:radius (rolls back any grief or vandalism that is within the given radius, and the specified time), and /co undo (Undoes the action that was just executed, i.e /co rollback t:24hours r:10).
    Experience?: I have been a Helper, and Moderator, many times before. I believe I know the fundamentals of how to be a Moderator due to said past experience.
    Project Help?: I have assisted with a couple of projects, like COTW, and I assisted in some testing for the Mini-games World.

Moderator Scenarios
    A player has come onto the server and spammed slurs and hateful language. What do you do?
    What I would do, is take a screenshot of the hurtful language, and slurs. Then, I would politely ask the player in question to cease their use of said language. If they persist, I would execute the /mute (player) command, to stop them from speaking. I would mute them for about 10 minutes, depending on what was said. If they persist afterwards, I would /tempban them for 1-3 days for malicious intent, and staff disobedience. And if they made an appeal for what they had done, I would provide said screenshot that was taken beforehand, as evidence against the player.
    A player has come onto the server and is griefing things in the Creative World. What do you do?
    If the player is offline, I would enable inspector mode with Core-Protect. I would then punch the around the blocks that were griefed, to confirm the griefer. I would then screenshot the information Core-Protect has given me. I would then execute the /tempban command, and depending on how bad the grief was, I would either ban them temporarily, or ask for a Supervisor to permanently ban the player in question. I would punish the player based on the scale of grief they had preformed: (1-50 = 2-7 day ban. Anything past 51 would be a potential temporary ban, for griefing and malicious intent.)
    A player is threatening to DDoS the server. You're the only staff member online. What do you do?
    I understand my limits as a Moderator, and if a player is threatening to DDoS the server, I would first screenshot the threats, then I would inform the Supervisor and Owner immediately. Then, I would attempt to diffuse the situation in a calm and collected manner. Panicking only makes things worse. I would attempt to talk it out with the player in question, maybe help calm them down with words. If I can, I would stall for time for the Owner or Supervisor to arrive to the scene, in which case, I would let them handle it. If they are not available at the time, I would do my best to calm the player down. If I can not diffuse the situation, I would have no choice but to /tempban the person for malicious intent and threats toward the well-being of the server.

And with that, my Moderator application is concluded. I would like to wish everyone a safe quarantine. I hope you all stay safe!! <3

2. Sky

Sky
    Supervisor
    Staff Member Supervisor
    Expand Collapse

Supervisor
    Home Page:
    BIG YES. I'm glad you're back! You were a great staff member and I hope you will make a great re-addition to our staff team once more!

Kyle Alyko likes this.
  3. RamenShinobi

Staff Member Mod
    Expand Collapse

Royal Knight, Hero Of Time, etc.
    Heya. I have decided to respond with a big fat no. I’m just joking, it’ll be good to have you back on the mod team. Easy yes from me, mate.

Kyle Alyko likes this.
  4. Majora

Arch-Mod
    Staff Member Arch-Mod Mask Deity
    Expand Collapse

God of Chaos
    Yes from me, Kyle. Glad to have you back on the crew!

out of curiosity...I wonder how many names you have. *looks it up* EGAD! 14 NAMES?! I knew you had a lot but still...

Kyle Alyko likes this.
  5. Rolesi

Mod
    Staff Member Mod
    Expand Collapse

This gives me another reason to bug you. A big yes from me! Missed ya buddy :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.