If a Smash Bros. Cinematic Universes was a thing, what franchises would be Animation or Live-Action?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Majora, May 27, 2019.

1. Majora

Mod
    Staff Member Mod Mask Deity
    Expand Collapse

Here is my list of Smash Bros. franchises and which one would suit best for it as an Animation movie (like Mario Bros.) or Live-Action (like Pokemon and Sonic the Hedgehog).
    Super Mario: Animation. An animated movie is already in the works by Illumination Entertainment with Miyamoto also helping the project.
    Donkey Kong: This kinda could go either way probably animation since Mario is also gonna be an animated movie. But if it were Live-Action it would probably look similar to the Live-Action remake of the Jungle Book. (Check out Raf Grassetti's art on the realistic looking DK and Diddy Kong). Either way though, it would be weird to hear DK talk though we have already seen that in the DK cartoon which was.......interesting???
    The Legend of Zelda: Live-Action hands down. It could be similar to Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I would LOVE to see Ganon in this look.
    Metroid: Live-Action again hands down. It could be similar to Alien (which funnily enough Metroid was based on). Ridley already looks realistic looking. Won't be that hard to do.
    Yoshi: Animation. Same points as DK
    Kirby: Animation. In fact, we already have an anime a while back and I don't want to think about what that series would look like in Live-Action. Though to be fair, Paramount did make this AWESOME Live-Action looking Kirby: https://thehardtimes.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/kirby-movie.jpg
    Star Fox: This could go either way, Fox and Crew are realistic enough and they have sided with human beings before in Starlink. I would go with Live-Action.
    Pokemon: Live-Action. Watch Detective Pikachu.
    Earthbound: This one is a tough one, it has the style of a cartoon but the story of a Live-Action. I remember hearing two suggestions for this one. 1: A clay animation (basically like the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) because of the clay models. 2: A style similar to the Blue Sky Peanuts Movie (which I really enjoyed). Probably the former than the latter. It COULD work for Live-Action but I don't see that happening.
    F-Zero: Live-Action. I don't really know much of this series, but it does seem fitting for a Live-Action movie.
    Ice Climber: Live-Action??? I don't know, climbing a mountain sounds more Live-Action to me.
    Fire Emblem: Probably Live-Action. I don't really have much to say on this one.
    Game & Watch: Uhhh hmmmm ahhh. I don't know XD. Animation????? If it was a Live-Action I am thinking of something like Space Jam.
    Kid Icarus: This is one I can see go either way. A battle against the Greek Gods and Goddesses. I would prefer Live-Action on this one. Though this franchise has more experience with Anime.
    WarioWare: Animation I do not want to picture Wario in Live-Action. Don't mind Ashley though.
    Metal Gear Solid: Live-Action. Need I say more?
    Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic has a lot of experience with his Anime Sonic X and multiple cartoons. He actually has a rather successful animation movie as well. Live-Action though IS possible. We have seen Sonic encounter humans in many games (if you exclude Robotnik) in the Sonic Adventure series, Unleashed, 06, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Sonic X (though that's an Anime not a game). Sonic's movie is already in the works and it looks okay if his redesign is good.
    Pikmin: This would look pretty amazing in Live-Action just a human seeing this HUGE stuff in the planet while meeting helpful alien creatures. They would have to change Olimar's design though. The franchise does have more experience in the animation part with its shorts.
    R.O.B.: Insert everything I said on Game & Watch.
    Animal Crossing: Seeing Detective Pikachu makes me think that it would look pretty nice if it is done right in Live-Action. I just want to see Isabelle in the same style as Detective Pikachu ok?
    Mega Man: The fighting robot himself! This could also go either way. I leaning towards Live-Action.
    Wii Fit: Live-Action??? Definetly will have to change the Trainer's design though. Perhaps a story similar to Karate Kid??? I don't know.
    Punch-Out: Live-Action EASILY. A movie about an underdog reaching to the top of the ring.
    Mii: I can see this one coming out of the same movie with Wii Fit Trainer. So probably Live-Action.
    Pac-Man: Animation. We have seen a cartoon of Pac-Man as well in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Live-Action. I know very little of this franchise but it looks like a Live-Action for me.
    Duck Hunt: Live-Action likely done similar to Air Bud and Russell Madness.
    Street Fighter: Live-Action. Another series I know very little of.
    Final Fantasy: Live-Action. I have played a bit of FFV and FFVI (which I will probably go back to playing after making this thread) and it looks really Live-Actiony to me.
    Bayonetta: Ah yes...the Deadpool of the Smash Bros universe....Live-Action
    Splatoon: Animation. Live-Action is possble??? But very not likely.
    Castlevania: Though it's anime is really popular, I see it as Live-Action.
    Persona 5: Probably Live-Action.

WELP! I did it! Which ones do you agree and which ones do you disagree? I am just gonna play Final Fantasy VI now. Thanks for reading. nintendocinematicuniverse.jpg