Jackiee_ | Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Jackiee, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackiee

Expand Collapse

#1 Jackiee, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Minecraft Username * Jackiee_
    • What staff position are you applying for? * Helper
    • Do you have a way of us being able to contact you? (Skype, TS, etc) * Discord much preferred. Jackie#1799

• How old are you? * 14
    • Do you have any hobbies? Gaming, Sports, and binge-watching TV and Movies.
    • What do you like about The Legend of Zelda franchise? I like the creativity, unique style LOZ gives. Despite my young age I've played every game and I am familiar with the game franchise, I can recognize all the big landmarks in Legend of Zelda and I've completed most games, so not only am I familiar with the franchise. I think right off the bat, for this I could make a good staff on a Zelda themed Minecraft Server.
    • Have you ever been a staff member before? Yes, I have moderated discord servers, built on some servers, been helper on some servers. I wouldn't have had such a big role before but I am familiar with what it takes to be staff, so I may be young but I am mature and know what I'm doing when it comes with helping, moderating, and just being a staff member of something in general.

• What do you have to offer to ZeldaVerse? * I am very familiar with the Legend of Zelda franchise, so if somebody is new to Minecraft and Zelda I can help them out. "Okay! This is the Tower of Gods from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina in time, in here you can do whatever. Explore it and have fun!" I was born a helper, I find satisfaction from helping somebody, and after somebody saying. "Have a nice day and thanks!" It feels rewarding, and it feels satisfying when you just trying to help somebody on a Minecraft server, and they are kind and thankful for your work!

I have played both Minecraft and Zelda for a long time, if I needed to help somebody that's more on the Minecraft side I would make sure that they know what they're doing, and where this build is from in the The Legend of Zelda franchise. If somebody didn't know about anything Zelda related, I'd make sure they would understand it, and from then it'd be good because if they know what to do as they have played Minecraft!

To me, chat moderation is very important to any server. Just saying something horrible that it could simply destroy somebody mental health, spamming, even just a rule break. It's not right, and rules are there for a reason. A great rule is to treat others with respect, and they will give it right back. What you put in is what you get out. Even the laws of thermodynamics support that. I want to make sure that chat is always enjoyable for all players regardless of experience, skill, or even age. I personally don't want players to join, be disrespected or not know what to do. Then they just leave the server and never come back.

I can easily record all the time Minecraft with pretty much no lag, the quality is good enough to see what is going on, being staff on MC servers before, I know usually when to look out for hackers, how to catch them, where to catch them. Players hacking can make it funny and fun for them, but to every single other player who is not hacking. Their time on the server is instantly made worse and makes them want to quit. I know how to catch hackers and therefore, I can make the server a better place for everybody by eliminating hackers.

I think making sure players are aware of the rules, and that I don't jump to conclusions. Instantly punishing a player for breaking a minor chat offence. If they are not aware of the rules, I'd say. "Please don't do (whatever they did), reminder to read /rules!" That way, if the player didn't realize that was a rule they can apologize and not do it again. But if they are there just to be an internet troll and be annoying. Offences should be taken.

Not only that, but I'm very dedicated, and I can put in a lot of time and work into this project and helping it a lot, which would be an honour to do.

• Have you ever used hacks before? (Be honest.) * No.
    • Have you ever been banned before? (Be honest.) * I'm pretty sure no, but I don't remember.
    • If you do not get that position you prefer, will you still accept the position regardless? Yes.
    • How many hours have you spent on ZeldaVerse? (Estimate.) * Server is not yet released.
    • How would you react to a player who is spamming? * I would say "Hey there, please do not spam! Read the /rules!" If they continue, I would mute them for 24 hours, and if they continue after their mute. More heavy action should be taken, week, months, or even permanent mutes.
    • How would you react to a disrespectful player? I will create 2 scenarios for this. If somebody out of no where starts disrespecting another player, they weren't arguing or anything, I will sternly say. "STOP, disrespecting has no place on this server!" If they do not listen to me and continue, I will mute them for 24 hours, and if it goes on after that, more heavy offences should be taken, week, months, or even permanent mutes.

If 2 players are arguing: "STOP, arguing and disrespecting has no place on this server, take it private or stop and if you don't actions will be taken." If they continue, I will mute them both for 12 hours, if they continue after. More heavy offences should be taken, week, months, or even permanent mutes.

Thank you for reading my application! I love Legend of Zelda and Minecraft and I want to help out this server! I am open to interviews at pretty much anytime, though I may not be able to voice chat at any time, at some times I will.

2. Linebeck

Captain
    Staff Member Captain
    Expand Collapse

Minecraft account: Linebeck
    Captain
    Home Page:
    Good evening Jackie. Me and my supervisor will be in touch with you soon. Are you able to do an interview?

Jackiee likes this.
  3. Jackiee

Expand Collapse

#3 Jackiee, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Yes I am, though you can talk to me in a voice chat but I will need to respond via text.

There are some times I will be able to talk, but a lot of the time not because of personal issues and some other things.

Contact me on discord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.