Smashverse #6 The K.Roolety of Time Part 1

Discussion in 'Nintendo News' started by Majora, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Majora

Mod
    Staff Member Mod Mask Deity
    Expand Collapse

Nintendo....You are pushing me to lose my mind. NEVERTHELESS I will try to list everything that has been mentioned in the Smash Bros. Direct.

Oki Doki, it starts off with a pretty sweet looking trailer of Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont as an echo fighter. It has Luigi exploring the castle but got his soul ripped out by Death itself (seriously, Nintendo has been getting a bit dark lately.) After the trailer, Sakurai goes into more detail on the fighters. Simon and Richter Belmont have the longest normal attack than any other fighter in the game. You can even move the whip just like in the games. Their normal special is the Axe, Side-Special Cross, Down-Special Holy Water, and Up-Special Uppercut. His Final Smash is Grand Cross where he traps this enemy in a coffin and sends them flying out of the stage. The Castlevania stage is Dracula's Castle the darkest of stages. If you hit a candle in the stage, an item will appear just like in the original games. Occasionally, monsters will plaque the stage such as: Medusa, Mummy, the Creature & Flea Man, Death, Carmilla, Werewolf, Dracula, and an unmentioned monster who some theorize by the shadow as Kid Dracula. There are a total of 34 Castlevania songs. Dracula is basically the Ridley of Castlevania, he will appear under unkown conditions. They also revealed a Castlevania assist trophy being Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You can also KO him as mentioned in the E3 presentation. Although he is an echo fighter, Richter's look, voice, and animations are different from Simon. Such as his Holy Water is blue while Simon's is red.
    Next, Sakurai introduced two new echo fighters. First Chorm from Fire Emblem Awakening a (combo?) echo fighter of Roy. Next is Dark Samus most known for her role in the Metroid Prime series. I think that one is pretty self explanatory. There is also an adjustable echo fighter selection. You can set it separately or stack them with the fighters they are based on. Every fighter is gonna be revealed before the release so don't expect any secret ones (unless he plans to troll us or something.)

There are a total of 103 STAGES! I shall list them all out for ya. Note, they are in order of their appearance in the smash series: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Final Destination, Peach's Castle (N64), Kongo Jungle (N64), Hyrule Castle (N64), Super Happy Tree aka Yoshi's Island (N64), Dream Land (N64), Saffron City (N64), Mushroom Kingdom (N64), Princess Peach's Castle (GC), Rainbow Cruise (GC), Kongo Falls (GC), Jungle Japes (GC), GREAT BAY (GC), Temple (GC), Brinstar (GC), Yoshi's Island (GC), Yoshi's Story (GC), FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS (GC man it looks gorgeous), Green Greens (GC), Corneria (GC), Venom (GC), Pokemon Stadium (GC), Onett (GC), Mushroom Kingdom II (GC), Brinstar Depths (GC I never knew this stage existed until I saw the direct XD), Big Blue (GC), Fourside (GC), Delfino Plaza (Wii), Mushroomy Kingdom (Wii), Figure-8 Circuit (Wii aka Mario Circuit), WarioWar, Inc. (Wii), Bridge of Eldin (Wii), Norfair (Wii), Frigate Orpheon (Wii), Yoshi's Island (Wii), Halberd (Wii), Lylat Cruise (Wii), Pokemon Stadium 2 (Wii), Port Town Aero Dive (Wii), Castle Siege (Wii), Distant Planet (Wii), Smashville (Wii), New Pork City (Wii), Summit shivers (Wii), Skyworld (Wii), Shadow Moses Island (Wii), Shadow Moses Island (Wii), Pirate Ship (Wii), Spear Pillar (Wii), 75m (Wii), Mario Bros. (Wii), Hanenbow? (Wii seriously, who else remembers this stage besides me?), Green Hill Zone (Wii), 3d Land (3ds), Golden Plains (3ds), Paper Mario (3ds), Gerudo Valley (3ds), Spirit Train (3ds), Dream Land GB (3ds), Unova Pokemon League (3ds), Prism Tower (3ds), Mute City SNES (3ds), Magicant (3ds), Arena Ferox (3ds), Reset Bomb Forest (3ds), Tortimer Island (3ds), Balloon Fight (3ds), Living Room (3ds), Find Mii (3ds), Tomodachi Life (3ds), Pictochat 2 (3ds),Mushroom Kingdom U (Wii U), Mario Galaxy (Wii U), Mario Circuit (Wii U), Skyloft (Wii U), The Great Cave Offensive (Wii U), Kalos Pokemon League (Wii U), Coliseum (Wii U), Flat Zone X (Wii U), Palutena's Temple (Wii U), Gamer (Wii U), Garden of Hope (Wii U), Town and City (Wii U), Wii Fit Studio (Wii U), Boxing Ring (Wii U), Gaur Plains (Wii U), Duck Hunt (Wii U), Wrecking Crew (Wii U), PilotWings (Wii U), Wuhu Island (Wii U), Windy Hill Zone (Wii U), Wily Castle (Wii U), Pac-Land (Wii U), Super Mario Maker (Wii U), Suzaku Castle (Wii U), Midgar (Wii U), Umbra Clock Tower (Wii U), New Donk City Hall (Switch), Great Plateau Tower (Switch), Moray Towers (Switch), and Dracula's Castle (Switch). Just for fun, let's list all of the missing stages: Planet Zebes (N64), Sector Z (N64), Icicle Mountain (GC), Mushroom Kingdom (GC), Poke Floats (GC), Mute City (GC), Flat Zone (GC), Rumble Falls (Wii), Pictochat (Wii), Rainbow Road (3ds), Pac-Maze (3ds), Jungle Hijinxs (Wii U), Pyrosphere (Wii U), Wooly World (Wii U), Orbital Gate Assault (Wii U), and Miiverse (Wii U). While we are on the subject of stages, you can make one stage change to another during a match. Also, N64 will have an Old-School style. You will unlock every stage right from the beginning. You can turn of stage hazards (thankfully.) Every stage is also capable of 8-Player smash and has a Battlefield and Omega forms.

My Music is returning! Every stage used to have exclusive music from its franchise (for example Midna's Lament was only in Bridge of Eldin I think), but now every stage will share the music from their franchise. There are a total of 800 tracks! If you count Menu music and fanfare it is actually 900! Meaning, if you play all of these tracks without looping or stopping, you get about 28 hours worth of music! There is also Sound Test. You can also make your own playlist. You can even listen to the music while the Switch is off! You can hear some of the music in Smash in the official smash website.
    When you play Smash, you start by making the rules, select a stage, THEN select a character. Stamina battle is now a standard battle option. You can even let the loser of the last match pick the stage. There is also a Sudden Death mode. There is also an optional Final Smash meter. But you can only do Final Smashes one at a time.
    There is a new battle mode called, "Squad Strike." It's a 5-5 or 3-3 elimination battle. You use 5 or 3 fighters in a certain order against another opponent with 5 or 3. It is also fun to take turns with other friends. There is also Tourney mode. Another cool mode is Smashdown where the previous fighters you used cannot be used for the next battle. Training has its own exclusive stage with grids to measure. It displays launch distance and factors in the fighters weight. Classic mode is back in its former glory where you battle a series of fighters. Every fighter's classic mode is unique. Next, it introduces some new items: The Banana Gun which shoots an explosive banana and the becomes a banana peel, Killing Edge its power is increased when it glows, the Bomber will cause a massive explosion if you lift it up, Death's Scythe instantly KO's fighters who are badly damaged, the Staff's power will increase depending on how far you shoot it from your target (great for snipers), the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom reverses the opponent's controls, and the Rage Blaster's power increases depending on how high your damage percentage is. Next are Pokemon: Alolan Exeggutor becomes a very very very tall obstacle, Abra teleports your opponent anywhere even off the stage, Solgaleo uses Sunsteel Strike, Lunala uses Moongeist beam, Mimikyu uses Let's Snuggle Forever, Pyukumuku uses counter, both Alolan and normal Vulpix are in the game Vulpix shoots flames while the Alolan form shoots ice, Marshadow uses Spectral Theif, and Ditto transforms to the person that summoned it.
    Here are all the Pokemon so far: Alolan Exeggutor, Mimikyu, Marshadow, Pyukumuku, Ditto, Giratina, Deoxys, Alolan Raichu, Abomasnow, Kyorgre, Palkia, Suicune, Bewear, Latios and Latias, Eevee, Alolan Vulpix, Vulpix, Entei, Darkrai, Metagross, Scizor, Electrode, Solgaleo, Lunala, Meowth (that's right!), Snorlax, Abra, Staryu, Mew, Zoroark, Bellossom, Togedemaru, Dedenne (most likely), Chespin, and Xerneas. There are about 40 assist trophies so far: Alucard, Zero, Klaptrap, Kapp'n, Chef Kawasaki, Gray Fox, Nikki, the popular Indie character Shovel Knight, Moon, Ashley, Rathalos (both an assist trophy and boss for a Monster Hunter stage), Bomberman, Waluigi, Lyn, Pac-Ghosts, Rodin, Midna, Starfy, Squid Sisters, Nintendogs, Knuckle Joe, Metroid, Andross, Riki, Burrowing Snagret, Sukapon, Jeff, Dr. Kawashima, Hammer Bro, Pong, Arcade Bunny, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Wright, Sheriff (this guys is a pain to deal with), Mother Brain, Starman, Ghirahim, Knuckles, and Krystal. Just for fun lets list the ones that haven't appear yet: Devil, Infantry and Tanks, Kat and Ana, Lakitu, Saki Amamiya, Shadow, Tingle (please tell me he isn't a fighter.), Barbara, Excitebike, Helirin, Issac, Jill, Little Mac....(wait a second), Resetti, Ray MK III, Chain Chomp, Dark Samus....(I'm getting the same feeling with Little Mac but I can't put my finger on it), Dillon, Elec Man, Isabelle (Villager echo fighter anyone?), Magnus, Nightmare, Phosphora, Sablé Prince, and Skull Kid (please please please PLEASE!)

Ok...now that is out of the way, Sakurai shows us the menu. Nothing really new but there is a very mysterious blurred section that fans have pointed out to be called, "Spirits." That was it for the direct (or that was what Sakurai said.) After he said farewell there were a few earthquakes. Then it showed King Dedede disguising as King K. Rool trolling Donkey and Diddy Kong as well as the internet. While he was enjoying his laughs the real King K. Rool appeared and knocked him out of the screen. To be continued. King_Dedede.gif